In Lesson 4 & 5 you will be given some themes/topics to choose from.
Use the 8 Step process for creating social awareness campaigns to plan and create some mock-up images using Photoshop.
By the end of these lessons, you will have used the 8 Step process independently.
Photoshop will have been used to create a number of advertisements.
“The assumption that seeing is believing makes us susceptible to visual deception. What is known is not necessarily what is believed, what is shown is not necessarily what is seen, and what is said is not necessarily what is heard”.Kathleen Hall Jamieson
When you see this icon with the question mark a response from you is required. These responses need to be uploaded to OneDrive and shared with me.
Technology and Social Awareness Campaigns.
1. What is going on in this piece of performance art? What is the main theme?
2. The video has had over 10 million views on YouTube alone and when it was first released in 2014 went viral. In your opinion, what were the main elements to its success?
3. Do you think that social media was an effective platform to bring this issue to public attention? How has technology helped to make the voice of the activist and artist louder? Consider the process as well as the reach.
4. Make a list of each piece of technology that went into making this video.
5. What does the video imply about the role of the bystander in these situations?
6. Compare this video to the introduction video in lesson 3. They both explore domestic violence from very different perspectives. Which video do you think has greater impact? Why do you think this?
7. List 3 organisations that can provide help to victims of violence.
Download Word Document Template
Do some research
Use web searches to do some background reading on the topics you choose. Make some notes and then use the word document template for the 8 Steps. Be sure to do each step to the best of your ability, they really do make a difference to creating a unified campaign with a clear intent/purpose.
Once you are done, upload your word document and posters to OneDrive and send me the link!